Wednesday, June 22, 2005

It was the challenge of it

Ok, so a couple of days ago I noticed something tempting in my yard. It was a stick, sticking out of the ground, right near the steps to go into the house. It appeared after my agent did some digging / gravel spreading in that area, so I figure he must have left it there as a treat for me.

So I chewed on it a bit, and pulled on it. It wouldn't budge. Hmm. This is going to take some more work. So I dug... and dug... and dug. I dug a hole that was big enough for the little dog of the house to lie in. A veritable cavern, right in front of the steps. It was a great hole, if I do say so myself.

But that stick would still not budge. It seemed to be attached to something underground.

Eventually, I chewed it off. It was worth the work.

But, my favorite human (my agent's wife, remember) was for some reason not pleased with me afterward. She muttered something about "cleaning the kitchen floor" and "muddy pawprints" which I really didn't catch too well as she was putting me in my pen.

Now the hole is mostly filled in (my agent's handiwork, no doubt), but I will remember that spot for future digging activities. Maybe some other treasures will show up there!

No comments: